Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Happy Holidays!


I hope that everyone has had a great holiday season! I really can't believe how crazy busy things get this time of year.

I'm loving having my kids off from school for the holiday break. My daughter has a friend visiting for the week, and her boyfriend is over a lot, so it's been fun cooking for more than just our four. I've definitely been cooking up a storm, which includes lots of home baked treats (like the cinnamon rolls above and the yummy coffee cake crumble from Everyday Dish). So that I don't sound like all I make is sweets, I've also made a slew of soups, stews, beans and salads too.

I've been working hard on perfecting the sausage recipe, which I'm completely thrilled with! Hopefully we can film the segment soon so we can hurry up and get it on Everyday Dish. Can I just say how fun it is to have flavored sausage links to slice up and throw into recipes?! We made a couple of different flavors, which were also really delicious sliced up and served with dipping sauce.

I'm trying to get as much cooking in as I can, because I think we're going to give our kitchen a little makeover soon, which means it will be out of commission for a week or two (or as long as it takes Jay and I to do it ourselves). Nothing too major, but we've been wanting to add some color to it and would love to paint our cabinets. I promise to take some pictures once we get started.

Happy Holidays!!

Julie

9 comments:

Melisser; the Urban Housewife said...

Happy Holidays! Your family is lucky to have those delicious cinnamon rolls! I'm looking forward to the sausage recipes.

Vegan_Noodle said...

It is a crazy time of year! How exciting that you're going to revamp your kitchen a bit. That's always fun. Can't wait for the sausage segment on Everyday Dish!! Hope you are having a wonderful holiday as well!!

jess (of Get Sconed!) said...

Happy Holidays, Julie!

I'm excited to hear about the revamped kitchen and the sausages.

And is it cinnamon bun mania out there or what?

MeloMeals said...

Can't wait to see your kitchen makeover! ... and the sausage.. I love me some good vegan sausage...!

Dori said...

I printed off your granola recipe and just made a batch.... loving it. I am looking forward to a cranberry parfait!

Vicki's Vegan Vice said...

Hi Julie! Sounds like your having a delicious holiday season! I'd love to have one of your cinnamon rolls! Be sure to take before & after photos of your kitchen!!

XO

urban vegan said...

Nice buns, Julie.

Rage And Love said...

I just found your blog and I had to link you up on my bloggies list.

Love the cinnamon rolls!

Wish you all the best for 2008!

julie hasson said...

Thanks everyone for stopping by the blog!!

Dori, I'm glad you liked the granola. I actually just baked up another batch yesterday.

Thanks rage and love. I need to update my blog list as well.